Dancing with the stars hosts Tom Bergeron, and Erin Andrews are not going to return for the 29the season of the series. The show’s longtime judge Carrie Ann Inaba shockingly revealed that it was a piece of sudden news for her. She shared a clip from the daytime talk show, The Talk and added that her heart breaks for the two hosts.
TOM AND ERIN LEAVES THE SHOW
The news hit the headlines on July 13. ABC finally made its decision which says that Tom and Erin are not going to be a part of the show.
Tom started his career as a host of the show in 2005, and since then he’s been winning the heart of his fans. Erin came as a contestant in season 10 of the show and later returned as a co-host in the 18th season. Carrin Ann was so heartbroken after hearing the news that she cried. Tom tweeted recently stating that this 15-year run was the most unexpectable gift of his career. He also talked about the lifelong friendships he made on the set of the show. Soon after his tweet Erin tweeted that she would always cherish the time on this set and humorously commented that even if she wasn’t the best at moving in heels. Tom and Erin’s fans seemed to be sad after getting this information.
TYRA BANKS TO BE THE NEW HOST
It was also announced on July 14 that Tyra Banks would be the new host of the show.
Just after the announcement of the new host rumours spread across the internet that Tyra Banks is the first black host of the show. To which DWTS judge responded that in the first season they had Lisa Canning. She also asked the audience to stop labelling her based on her colour and instead appreciate the new host and accept her with open arms. Carrie Ann spoke a lot of kind words about the new host Tyra Banks. Tyra judged and hosted the famous show American’s Next top model. She is always brimmed with energy. Carie spoke about how strong, visionary and a powerful woman Tyra is. She also added that everything made her fit as a host. It will be difficult for fans to see their favourite hosts leaving.
DANCING WITH THE STARS AND FUTURE PLANS
Ongoing pandemic has put everything on halt. Carrie Ann said that she, along with the other judges, i.e. Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli are planning to return to the show. She appealed that the fans should not worry as everything is ok. And they will be making an official announcement soon. Valerie Bruce revealed that they are planning to take this show in a new creative direction. However, she didn’t give us a word on how it will be different from the rest of the seasons. She thanked Tom and Erin and mentioned that they’ll always be a part of dancing with the stars family.
We can expect the show to return this fall.